Wednesday, March 28, 2007

KC chooses Funkhouser


Stage for Funkhouser Party

Last night Mark Funkhouser won the election by a slim margin - just over 1000 votes. We donated a few balloons to his 'nail biter' party and were there until about 10:30. I would have stayed later, but Dan needed to get home. Shame because only 20 min or so later they announced Mark as the winner. It was a very exciting night thanks to Mark's early lead. Even though Brooks narrowed the margin, Mark stayed consistently in front. That gave his supporters reason to have a party attitude.

I supported Funkhouser for several reasons, but one of the big ones for me is that he isn't a career politician. Mr. Brooks seems like a nice guy, but he's been in the political scene for far too long. After my experiences with local politics I have come to the conclusion that politics can make all but the strongest of souls evil. Let's hope that Mark has a very strong soul. If not, at least we're starting out with a fresh one.

And of course I have a special place in my heart for geeky, logical, chess playing guys. (been married to one for 20 years now)
Funk

No comments: