Thursday, August 20, 2009

Depression

I was depressed. That is to say I was suffering from long term chemically induced depression. I didn't know it. I mean I sort of knew it, but didn't know to call it depression. I just knew that inside I didn't feel like me. Depression is hard to explain if you've never felt it. If you haven't felt it then I hope you never do 'cause it kinda sucks.

Wheat seems to have been the cause of my depression. I looked around and found several articles on the subject. Depression is not an uncommon side effect of a wheat intolerance. I know that as the allergen left my system it was like someone turned a light on in my brain. The fog lifted and it was like "wow!". I have energy and focus and clarity. I don't have to fake anything just to get by.

Not faking it is a big thing for me. I'm a balloon artist. I have to be happy and energetic. I had to fake that and faking it is exhausting.

Several other changes in my life in the week since I last posted. those get their own posts.

2 comments:

Macey said...

I read all of your posts today and you're right, depression SUCKS.
I hate it, it's like being trapped inside yourself and you can't get out!
It sounds like you are doing a good thing for your son, his uncle should be able to keep him in line!
Congrats on the weight loss! :)

Beautiful Mess said...

Depression sucks! No matter how long you have it or how bad you have it. It is horrible!

I'm so glad you don't have to fake it anymore. Good for you!

You're just making all sorts of life changing decisions lately. I'm so proud of you! I truly am!
*HUGS*