Thursday, March 19, 2009

17 and pregnant with number 4

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Pregnant-Mom-17-Smoking-Pot-Near-Infant-Son.html

According to the story the 17 year old mom was arrested for smoking pot in front of her 6 month old son.

Now the part that gets to me.

She already has 2 older children who have been taken away from her. And she's pregnant again! I don't know how far along this pregnancy is so I won't figure that one into the numbers, but...

Each pregnancy is 40 weeks, so she's been pregnant for at leas 120 weeks of her life. A year is 52 weeks, so that's 2 years 4 months Allow for at least a month in between delivery and getting knocked up again and you've got 2 years 7 months. So she started getting pregnant at 14 or 15 AT THE LATEST. She 17 and about to have her 4th child! WTF!

I think whatever parent or grandparent, aunt/uncle whoever is supposed to be raising this child should spend some time working for the government. Where were they when this child started having sex and producing babies of her own? I'm not usually pro forced sterilization, but this one gives me pause. 3 babies taken away from her, soon to be 4. Kids who will grow up forced into the foster care system for no crime other than being born to a child who wasn't ready to take care of them. Now the government will take care of the babies and is probably taking care of the young mother. Her caregivers should spend some time working for the government doing community service or something. The 17 year old should too.

bleah - i'm in a people suck kinda mood.

2 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

Good heavens I can barely afford the ONE that I have. I do hope the authorities are insuring that the father(s) are involved financially....

Beautiful Mess said...

Reading a story like that would put me in a "hate people" mood, too.