Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recycled bags

Here are some of the results from my recycled bags project.
Coin purse made from 3 left over Valentine's Day balloons





A large project tote



A coupon clutch



A large market bag in progress



A started ball of plarn made from old balloon bags.

My inspiration comes from myrecycledbags.com 50% of the sale from each bag will go to Cancer Action They help out people in the area and have a pretty good record of spending donations on programs, not overhead.

If you have any plastic bags of ANY type let me know. If you can't bring them by the store I may be able to arrange to pick them up. I can use shopping bags, bread bags, packaging bags - any plastic bag really.

3 comments:

MoxieMamaKC said...

What an absolutely fabulous idea! Those are way beyond cool! I regret I have no plarn to donate to such a cool cause, but please keep up the good work!

Stacey K said...

Thanks for the encouragement. If you ever get any plarn making materials, just drop it by. I'm going to set up a drop barrel outside the shop for people who can't make it by when I'm here.

Annie Banannie said...

You've got all of our bags. Fantastic. You should sell these next year at T&S.

Annie Banannie, Balloon Storyteller