Friday, September 26, 2008

Delilah

I hate Delilah. Not the biblical character or the person from that song, but the overly sappy radio personality. I don't hate her personally, I don't know her, but I do hate her show. I wince every time she starts speaking that voice, and following it up with some slow, moving song. I push a button and she vanishes from my car radio.

Sometimes I can't get to the button. The other night was one of those times. She started talking and what she said really scared me. Not the subject, though that does scare me too, but the fact that I agreed with her. She was talking about the soon to tank economy and that the best thing you could do to prepare is to buy seeds. I've had this thought, but to know that I have something so in common with the sugar coated night time dj disturbed me. Now I'm wondering what else we might have in common. Not going to listen to find out though. One thing is plenty and what I don't know won't bother me.

I probably have a lot of things in common with a lot of people I don't like. I'm going to pretend that I didn't just acknowledge that and go on believing myself to be totally different from (fill in name here)

No comments: