Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Brave Little Girl

yesterday a girl came into the store asking to put out flyers for events going on "downtown". I asked where downtown and she hesitated before she admitted it was Power & Light. I started laughing at her. she seemed to get that a lot.

It's no secret that the city wants Westport to vanish so that people can head over to P&L for some overpriced party times. It is pretty funny that this girl was sent to Westport to pass out flyers. Do they think, everyone here wakes up and says "how can I push our customers over to that other district?" every day.

I kinda felt sorry for the young lady. I don't think she had much luck getting them out. And I know of at least one case where they were thrown away after she left. Seems she got smarter and started just asking to leave flyers out - not mentioning where they were for. When the business owner read it - in the trash it went.

1 comment:

MoxieMamaKC said...

Good for the business owners for trashing them. What a smack in the face to send that girl to Westport. Stupid...