Saturday, July 25, 2009

Back to awesomeness

Teddy has been spending time this week reminding me of how much more awesome I used to be. I think he's referring to it as weird, but I choose not to hear it that way.

He's right. I used to be much more awesome and there's no reason I can't still be.

One of the things he brought up was how I used to discipline my CampFire Boys & Girls. If they didn't listen at meetings they risked getting Barneyed. What sort of this is this you ask? It's an amazing tool that parents around the world can use.

You go up to the misbehaving kid in front of their friends. Preferably at school and sing the Barney theme song at the top of your lungs. Fear of the Barney will keep most kids in check. Doesn't even have to be Barney's theme. Any mushy song will do.

I think Teddy will be Barneyed when school starts this fall.

1 comment:

Macey said...

Oh my gosh, even my 6 year old would probably be embarrassed by that! Love it! I think I'll use it on my husband. LOL.