Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Enough whining

When I'm not making balloons I make buttons. Cute little 1 inch buttons for the most part. I have one that says "No whining" Today I was thinking that it's good advice for me as well as for my kids. I've let too much stuff get under my skin. yeah, KC government sucks, but I can choose to focus on it or choose to work to change it or choose to ignore it. I shouldn't choose just to complain about it. I don't want the things that suck to become a daily part of my life. In the case of KC government I choose to do what I can to change it. I'll still whine, but in letters to the council and mayor. They don't read my blog and the few people who do can't change things for me. The council may not change even one thing based on my letters, but they will at least know how I feel.

So today starts a whine free day for me. My husband and family will be thankful. I can't promise what tomorrow will bring, so I hope they enjoy today. :-)

No comments: