Friday, April 17, 2009

Feeding my dogs part 2


I went to City Pets today because I am out of dog food.  I'm doing my best to make good on my promise (to myself) of supporting local businesses and besides - it's close to the shop.  I was happy to find that it's not overpriced.  At least not for the stuff I was buying.  Dan says all the dog food I buy is over priced, but he also thinks it's healthy to live off of Ramen noodles 3 meals a day.  

City pets didn't carry solid gold dog foods, but they did have one called Taste of the Wild that I decided to try.  I chose Pacific Stream Canine Formula this time but may give one of the other ones a try.  They all seem to be grain free.  That's a big plus.  I don't know that Fergie has issues with grains, but she does burp a lot.  Given my history with Zelda, grains and bloat - gas is scary to me.  I'm going to see if I can find a food that reduces Fergie's tendency to get gassy.  

No comments: