Sunday, February 15, 2009

25 things

It's on facebook and now showing up in my email.  To my friends who have sent it to me - here you go.  I'm answering all at once.  Just don't look for deep meaning

1.  I believe in ghosts. 

2.  I have been dying my hair red since I was 18.  It is naturally very dark brown - almost black.  This color works for me, especially with my green eyes.

3.  Because of a thyroid problem I started going gray when I was 22.  I ended up about 30% gray by 25.  It's stayed the same since then.

4.  I won't take synthetic thyroid because I am convinced that it is linked to thyroid cancer.

5.  I have danced in front of the screen at a Rocky  Horror showing.  I wasn't drunk at the time.

6.  I have had 4 c-sections and the thought of actually giving birth normal scares the hell out of me.  I had to have the sections because of problems, but after the first one (and 24 hours of labor hell) I was relieved to have the other 3 via section.

7.  I am terrified of spiders.

8.  I once accepted a ride from a neighbor who apparently planned to rape me.  He drove to a field and parked.  I had found a wrench by my seat so I hit him with it as hard as I could and got away. 

9.  I have lived in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, California, North & South Carolina, Texas & Missouri.  Most of them more than once.  

10.  I have visited but not lived in Arizona, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Maryland, District of Columbia, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Ohio, Nebraska, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Virginia, New York, Indiana, Iowa

11.  Outside of the USA I have been to Mexico, Germany, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland.  I would have been to Canada, but couldn't convince Dan to go - even though the border was only 30 min away.

12.  I occasionally get migraines.
 
13.  I do cry at sad movies, but not around my husband.  He likes to make a big deal about how 'sensitive' he is and how he cries at sad movies, commercials etc and I don't.  The result is that I don't feel comfortable being emotional about things like that around him.

14.  my favorite color is green

15.  I really don't like my mother-in-law.  My first interaction with her was a phone call in which she told me to break up with Dan because I was just a rebound relationship anyway.

16.  I refer to Jimmy Buffett as the "King of all music", but I really listen to almost anything except violent or vulgar rock/rap.

17.  I do things just to fuck with people.  Pretend to take their pictures with my cell phone, stand backwards in an elevator...that sort of thing.  No reason other than it amuses me.

18.  I have given serious thought to killing two people.  I didn't because I didn't want to leave my kids and go to jail, but I still wish them dead.  (they hurt my kid)

19.  If I could look like a person of a different race it would be Wanda Sykes or Whoppi Goldberg.

20.  I have killed and prepared a chicken. The insides of chickens are NASTY.  Plucking one isn't all that easy either.

21.  I like fan fiction - but I HATE slash fan fiction.  It always comes across to me as women who love the characters and want to write a sexy story - BUT can't deal with the characters being with any woman who isn't them.  So they write it using males.  Problem is they make the men act like women which isn't really how most gay guys act. 

22.  When I was thin with great boobs I dressed to show them off.

23.  I am starting to buy into the theory that total economic collapse is going to happen.  

24.  I love meat, but can't eat it.  The hormones they give animals mess with me - and since I won't take my meds, I can't eat the meat.    When I ate beef it was always rare and even occasionally raw.  (not chicken or pork - and I hate fish)  I am not grossed out by cultures where they eat dog or monkey or cat - meat is meat.  If it were legal I would have my body turned into dog food rather than cremated.  Seems a waste to burn it when it could just be recycled.

25.  I have no paitence for stupid people.

No comments: