Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I die for bananas

The zombie nightmare that is Rachel Zoe has trademarked the word bananas and the phrase I die.  WTF, how can she claim to have sole use of bananas?  

If I had the time and spare cash I would start a class action lawsuit against her for theft.  She stole those words from the rest of the English speaking people in the world.    Granted I'm not 100% sure how the whole trademarked word thing works, but Zoe-Zombie did stop some artist in New York from using them on t-shirts.  If words are up for grabs I think I want to trademark guava. I like guavas.  Oh, and balloon artist.  If I beat the other balloon artists to the punch will they have to call themselves something else?

Go back to the grave Zoe-Zombie

4 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

I don't know too much about trademark law. I do know that one cannot trademark everyday expressions or common use words or phrases. If the Zombie expression is unique enough and part of a brand identity it probably can be protected. P.S. That doesn't mean I approve of it.

Stacey K said...

I don't think the word bananas is unique enough. Gwen Stefani would have more of a chance than Rachel Zoe.

Stacey K said...

I meant more of a case. Zoe has already claimed trademark for the word bananas because she says it a lot. Her lawyers have sent at least one cease and desist letter to someone using bananas on t-shirts. A case I hope she loses.

Hyperblogal said...

That case should be lost. Bananas are generic and so is the word describing them. Boy, that takes nerve.
Hey... lets you and I trademark "prunes." Watch the AARP come after us.