Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I can't be sick

I can't be sick, I can't be sick, I can't be sick.  That's been my mantra for the past 48 hours.  So far it's only helping a tiny bit.  I can be as sick as I want to next Sunday.  I can be sick for an entire week - just not until AFTER Valentine's day.

I love having a big family, but there are downsides.  One of them is the extra exposure to germs.  Kids go different directions and each brings home different germs.  This lovely Darth Vader of a cold came home from state band with Teddy.  I was already a little down and the germ saw opportunity and attacked.  bleah

Lots of water, sleep when I can and I keep repeating "I can't be sick, I can't be sick"  At least today I don't look Nick Nolte's mugshot.

I had forgotten how much work Valentine's Day is for a retail balloon shop.  I have fantasy flowers to make and deliveries to schedule.  Yesterday wasn't much fun.  I was closed,  but still had to make flowers.  Out of consideration for my customer I wore a mask which made the whole thing that much less fun.  Still, I prefer not to send out toxic flowers.  It would be pretty sucky to get a Valentine's gift that just kept on giving - in a very unpleasant way.

I will be better by Saturday or I'm gonna have to fake it.  Either way I'll get through it.  then I'm taking a few days off to sleep.

No comments: