Monday, February 23, 2009

So much work

So little motivation.

I will get it done, but my current schedule is totally screwing up my ability to get creative stuff done.  Most importantly my website.  I normally work on that from 11 - 1 or so.  Now that I have to get up at 5am it's not getting done.  I need my night owl hours or I'm just shot for the rest of the day.  5 hours of solid sleep from 2am - 7am is all I ask for.  Really, is that too much? 7 hours is heaven, but that never happens.

One of the projects I am working on is the reward for grades program we are trying out here.  I've gotten a couple of other merchants to go in on it with me.  Basically it's a free gift for any kid who brings in a report card with all A's and B's on it.  No purchase required or anything.  I've got to finish up the art work and posters for that this week and hopefully find another merchant or two who wants to go in on it.   The schools in Flour Bluff used to have a list of places kids could bring good report cards to for a free gift.  The kids loved it and I hope to get that started here.  If you want to participate, let me know.

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

Our community does this type of program. If the children reads their required amount, then they get a free personal pizza. If they have perfect attendance or only miss a day or 2 a quarter, they get a free ticket to a Trailblazer game. They also get up to 3 tickets at a discounted rate. It really gets the children excited when report card time comes and gives them a goal to work toward. I LOVE it!