Friday, July 18, 2008

Giving it the look of a boutique



I call my shop a boutique because it's simply too small to be called a store. Besides, it's way cooler than my other shops so it deserves a different title.

I have been working on the website, trying to get it updated, but it's been hard. I was stuck because, to be honest, I had no clue about what I wanted. I've been shopping with the same attitude. I don't know what I want, but I know that isn't it. Currently only my 9 year old will go shopping with me because the rest don't want to hear it.

I did finally decide on a new logo and will have the new website up sometime next week. the logo led me to a new color scheme and some new wallpaper. I was so excited when it finally came in. Tommy came up to help me because he is tall and I am not. We got the job done, but learned a few things along the way.

1. Wallpapering is HARD.
2. We suck at it.

Of course painting isn't hard and we sucked at that too. We need to take classes or find enough money to hire people because nobody in my family go the tools gene. Susi swears she can wallpaper and paint. I took this declaration as a promise to paint my ceiling next month. Lucky her.

The beam is papered as well as it's ever going to be and we left the hard part for my mom when she visits. She likes to wallpaper and doesn't say things like. "Hey did you know they put instructions with the wallpaper?? We should read those before we go any further." You would think that by now I would have learned to look at directions once or twice before I start a project. You might think that, but you would be wrong. I don't look at them often, only when I get stuck. By then it's often too late for the directions to be helpful anyway. In this case we did read the directions and changed what we were doing a little. didn't help. We still sucked at it.

We finished up and went to the movies. We saw Mongol, something I can't recommend enough. It's a great movie, even if don't speak Russian and have to read along with the subtitles.

No comments: