Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Project

In the past I have posted about donating hats, gloves, coats etc. to children in the community.  There are a lot of kids who don't have them and this time of year they really need them.

I think I will put some of my energy towards that need this year.  I love to knit, sew and crochet.  I make a lot of hats and scarves for my shop.  This year I will see how many hats I can make for kids who need them.  I'll have to figure out what percentage lets me balance out my store's needs with my desire to do good.  On average I make about 4 hats a week when I crochet, so I'm thinking of donating 25% or 1 hat a week.  52 hats a year isn't much, but it will hopefully help 52 kids.  

Want to join me?  Send me an email or drop by the store.  I'm not setting up a 501, so don't drop off a bunch of hats and look for a tax receipt.  The Salvation Army is good for that sort of thing.  

No comments: