Saturday, December 6, 2008

Really Cool Stuff

Since I have decided to open up for actual retail next week I have been looking for products to carry. The criteria are:

1. I have to really like it. The store is Oh Wow!! and the product has to make me feel that. Or the artist does. Usually if the artist does, so does the art. My store is about fun and I want the stuff in it to reflect that.

2. It must be made by a local artist. I am putting up bios of the artists with their stuff. I want customers to know the person behind the creation.

This week a few things will come in, more next week and in Jan, Feb and March. Those are the people I have confirmed. A couple of others I am checking out to see if we can work something out. I have met some very interesting people. People who make me smile and who's work makes me happy. I want to share that feeling. If I had the $$ I would rent a giant space and set up a gallery. Well, probably not. That does sound like a headache, but you get the idea.

As I get stuff set up I will post a few sample pictures online for everyone to see. Better yet, stop by and see it for yourself in person.

No comments: