Friday, January 30, 2009

bothering the lady with the boobs

Midtown Miscreant has an interesting post on the lady who just had 8 babies.  I didn't know she also had 6 other kids.  That means she currently has 14 kids UNDER THE AGE OF 8.  OMFG!!!...that's it, that's all I can think of to express my feelings OMFG!!!!  She's beyond nuts.  I have 4 kids and that's exhausting.  She already had 6.  SIX!!.  8 more ON PURPOSE?!?!?!  OMFG!!


later in the post he talks about the whole breastfeeding / facebook blowout.  I've not paid much attention to it because I think the whole thing is stupid.  I don't agree with facebook's choice to ban the picture, when I've seen so much worse on there, but I wouldn't want anyone telling me how to run my company either.

Commenting on that part of the post reminded me of one of not so nice things I have done.  I could plead hormones, but to be honest, I knew what I was doing.  I was just pissed off at the guy.

I was sitting in a corner booth in the food court of a mall in Florida nursing my younger son.  My older kids were with my mom, so it was just him and me.  I always wore loose fitting clothing, so there wasn't any exposed breast.  Probably a lot less exposed skin than many women show on a daily basis.  Some jackass comes up to me and tells me that it's disgusting for me to feed my baby in public.  I've had a bad day.  A really bad day.  That's why my mom had the other kids, so I could have some peace and not kill anyone.  This jerk is coming over trying to steal my peace.  I glared at him, but didn't say anything.  He didn't shut up and kept on telling me that it was wrong and disgusting for me to force him to look at me doing that.  I could have told him not to look, or that it was natural and best for the baby, but like I said, it had been a very bad day. I screamed.  Not yelled.  I screamed like he had just stabbed me with a knife.  I started yelling for him to leave me alone and not to touch me.  He hadn't been touching me and had given no indication that he was going to, but at this point I had decided to punish him for bothering me.  I'm screaming for help and security and police and the jackass takes a bit before he decides to leave.  I guess he didn't know what to do. The mall cops got there pretty quickly and because it looked like he was running away they grabbed him. 

 I told them that he was harassing me about my breasts and I didn't feel safe.  It had been a bad day, the tears came easily.  Pretty soon the real cops were there too.  I was a young mom sitting by myself in the corner of the food court.  He was a middle aged pervert.  They didn't buy his side of it.  Now in the end I didn't take it so far as to press charges and the worst thing that happened to the guy is that he was banned from the mall for a period of time.  I hope that he thought twice before being nasty to a stranger.

5 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

Frankly, I think it's awesome what you did. I HATE busy-bodies.

kcmeesha said...

I think the big difference is when people do it not to feed a baby but to provoke a reaction and then bitch about it. Breastfeeding, weird praying on the airplane, transvestites going to women's restroom - all are not done because of some need but to prove a point. If no one cared were, who and how people breastfeed they would still have a problem.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you pro choice.

Then quit bitchin/

she chose to have eight more kids instead of kill em.

Free choice

Anonymous said...

Aren't you pro choice.

Then quit bitchin/

she chose to have eight more kids instead of kill em.

Free choice

Dawn said...

Um, I was going to comment then I saw anonymous and am astounded. Wow.

But, yeah, Im totally with you! You as in Stacey, not anonymous.