Saturday, January 3, 2009

I complicated the discount program

I have a new discount program at the shop.  It's a bit different than the usual save if you're a senior or student kinda program.

Each day has a 10% discount, you just have to know how to get it.  Well, Sunday and Monday don't have one, because right now we are not open on Sunday & Monday.

Tuesday...Make me laugh day.  Write down a riddle or joke and bring it in.  You'll save 10%, even if it doesn't make me fall down laughing.  Puns are the exception.  Prices go up by 10% if you bring in a pun and give it to ANYONE who isn't Dan.  Dan loves puns, the rest of us hate them.

Wednesday - Recipe day.  Bring me in a recipe and save 10%.  I will put the collected recipes on the web at the end of each month.

Thursday - New Stuff Day.  It's the day I put the new stuff out and you can save 10% on your whole purchase if you are buying something just put out that week.

Friday - Think Green.  Everyone should try to live a greener lifestyle.  To save on Friday bring in a suggestion for going green.  I'll publish the tips on the web at the end of the month.

Saturday - Try something new.  Tell me about something I should see, try, do, eat, drink, listen to or visit to get today's discount.  More than a couple of sentences, I want to know why I should give it a try, and less than 4 paragraphs because I have the attention span of a flea.

There you have it, I'm not boring, so why have a boring discount plan.


No comments: