Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm a bad mother

I don't really think I'm a bad mother, but right now I have some feelings of guilt and wanting to save the kid from his own actions.

We only have 1 car.  Dan has class until 7pm.  The store is open until 6pm and Teddy has jazz from 2:30 - 3:30.  That's kinda not working out.  We told him last night that he would need a ride home today - or don't stay for jazz.  We woke him up and told it to him again this morning.  Today at 3:36 he called and said "where are you?"  Guess who had to walk the 2 miles home from school with his trumpet and books.  I feel bad and want to save him only because it is soooooooooooooooooooooo cold out there.  However I did warn him.  Maybe next time he will listen.

1 comment:

Hyperblogal said...

When it's all said and done the best teacher is experience. when my daughter was learning to drive I told her the number 1 and 2 things that teens tend to do that gets them in trouble is, 1) get over confident and drive too fast, and, 2) through inattention cause an accident. Within the first month of driving she got a ticket for speeding and ran into the back of a person stopped at a light. You do what you can and then they have to learn on their own. You really only feel bad because you ARE a good mother.