Thursday, January 8, 2009

Which way do you spin - left or right?

http://lateralaction.com/articles/left-brain-or-right/

I saw the dancer spinning clockwise.  This apparently means I am more right brained. 

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling
“big picture” oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can “get it” (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

I can live with that assessment.  Except the spatial perception.  I do not have that ability.

There is an explanation for how the illusion works at the end of the article.  Pretty cool.

3 comments:

May said...

I saw it clockwise too. Interesting stuff...

Anonymous said...

I saw it counter clock wise.

Stacey K said...

my husband and youngest daughter saw it counter clockwise.

both of my sons saw it clockwise. That surprised the heck out of me. I always think of Teddy as being very logical and left brained.